Monday, January 12, 2015

La Fine in Italia

Buongiorno!!!

Well, this is it. The next time I will e-mail, I will be outside of
Italia... It has been sweet! It definetely wasn't the easiest thing I
have ever done and my body feels it. I am worn out after two years of
walking a lot. It has been pretty awesome though! I have learned a
ton! I have learned lessons that I did not think I needed to learn and
I have grown in ways that I did not think I needed to grow. It has
been a learning experience that has pushed me to become better and to
give instead of get. I am grateful for Italia. It is such a beautiful
place. I have been immersed in a culture rich in tradition and
history. To be very honest it hasn't necessarily been easy being
immersed in the culture here, but it has been awesome. I have learned
things from the Italians that I would never have learned from other
people. I love the Italians. They are so much fun and sooooo Italian.
It has been such an incredible experience working with them and
sharing my testimony and my love with them. The pizza has been
delicious and the pasta has been superb. I will definitely miss the
food of Italy. That has been a nice bonus of serving here.

I am grateful for God. He has given us all so much. I hope that
someday I may be able to truly understand how much he has given us,
because right now I can only see glimpses of it. He loves us so much.
He loves the Italians so much. I have seen people here who truly put
their trust in Him and He lifts them and brings joy and peace into
their lives. I love Him and I love that He has cared so much for the
people of Italy. I am grateful that He sent me to serve these people.
It has been my honor to give service to a people whom He loves so
much. I am grateful for God and His goodness. It is powerful and it
makes everyone of us stronger and better.

God is merciful. When people come to Him with honest hearts, humble
and ready to be healed by Him, He will be merciful to them. It is
something that I am grateful for, because I have so much need of His
mercy and goodness. He has helped me to overcome and given me a way to
grow. Through our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, every single one of us
can be free and have peace. I love my savior and I know that He lives.
I think that often we hear that phrase "I know that He lives." I hope
that we can truly ponder it and understand what it means. The
testimony of knowing that He lives is beautiful. It means so much.
Everything is possible for us. He lives and because He lives we will
all live again, and we can live more fully in the present.

Something that has been very special to me personally during the
mission is bearing testimony of Joseph Smith and the Restoration. I
have had many different experiences in my life that have solidified my
testimony of the Prophet Joseph Smith and I am grateful to have shared
that special testimony with the people here in Italy. It is something
that means a lot to me and I am grateful to have shared that with the
people here.

I am grateful for the mission and I am grateful for the many things
that I have learned and the chance I have had to serve here in the
Italy Rome Mission. It is a pretty sweet Mission. Can't complain at
all. Life is good and we are blessed!



I can't wait to see Sam in New York that will be awesome! We will see
if I get an e-mail off from NY, if not then I will next hear from you
at the Salt Lake Airport! Love you everybody! Thanks for all of the
love and support during all of this! It has been awesome and I am
grateful for you!

Sincerely,

Anziano Burton



No comments:

Post a Comment