Monday, October 27, 2014

La Sicilia?

Buongiorno cari fratelli e sorelle! L'altra isola mi vuole!

Well everybody, the transfer calls have come and sadly it looks like I
will be leaving Sardegna (most likely for the last time). It has been
awesome here in Sardegna and I will miss it. So, it looks like I will
be going island hopping down to la bella Sicilia. I am pretty excited,
because I have heard some great things about Sicily! The city I will
be going to is a small city named Gela on the southern coast. I will
basically be in Africa, hopefully ebola doesn't hop up to europe haha.
Anyway, I am pretty excited and I hear the food is the best in the
mission. My companion will be Anziano Lazarti, from Alessandria,
Italia. I have heard he isn't actually Italian though and that he
originally comes from Mexico. So, funny thing, all of my "Italian"
companions aren't actually Italian. Anyway, the deep south is going to
be a great adventure converting Mafia members and all. I am excited! I
will miss Anziano Flynn a ton though, it has been an awesome two
transfers with him and I have learned a ton from him. What an awesome
guy, he is going to be a fantastic missionary and he will do some
great things during his time here in Italia. These last two transfers
have two of my favorite on the mission.

Well, this week has been soooo awesome! So we met with A* on
Monday evening last week and we taught the plan of salvation with a
member present. It went so well and we set a baptismal date for the
15th of November.


 I can't wait to hear about how her baptism goes. It will be so
awesome! Well, this week we have done a ton of finding... Like
ridiculous amounts. For example, on Saturday evening we added up all
of our walking and we found that we walked a total of 11 miles just in
the evening haha. That is quite a bit of walking. It was sweet though.
We have talked with so many people and it has been great. We met this
one old Italian lady who made us wait for her while she bought milk in
a store. She came back out and wanted us to walk about 200 meters down
the street with her Wow, it took 30 minutes to walk that 200 meters.
She talked a lot to us in dialect and stuff and every time she talked
she would stop walking, so every 4 baby steps we would stop. It was
cool though and at the end we walked her across a busy street and she
kissed us on both cheeks as is the italian custom. Fun times, then we
continued walking. Also, on one of the evenings we walked by a soccer
field and watched some kids practicing. That was cool. Hey Jack, i
thought of you playing soccer back at home, keep playing and maybe
you'll play as a pro here in Italia. You've got to practice a lot
though, they are way good here.

At the beginning of this week we had some crazy wicked wind blowing
through Oristano and ever since then it has gotten quite a bit cooler.
It is actually really nice outside right now. Oh, i am going to miss
peaceful Oristano. It has been nice here.

 Well, on Wednesday I believe I will be taking the boat to Rome. It is
crazy, I have been in Italy for almost two years and I haven't seen
the Colosseum or the Vatican or anything really in Rome. I haven't
spent more than 16 hours at a time in the eternal city. Kind of
strange, I hope that I will get to see some of that stuff before the
end... Wow, 
​twelve
 weeks until I board a plane home! I don't even want to
think about it, it is way too soon. I don't even feel like I have been
here for that long. I just want to stay here. It is scary how quickly
the end is coming. It is pushing me to work harder and to just do all
I can with the short time I have. It is crazy. Well, I hope that all
is well at home! Things are going well here! I am as happy as can be!
Life is great and the pizza is delicious! My time as a Sardo has come
to an end, nearly half of my mission on the second biggest island in
the Mediterranean Sea, now I go to the biggest. Nella Bella Sicilia!

Sincerely,

Anziano Burton





No comments:

Post a Comment