Monday, November 17, 2014

Vaaaaa Bene

Buongiorno tutti!!!

Well, another week down here in Gela. It has been good but kind of
long. Oh, and I keep forgetting to write this, back in Oristano I
finished the Book of Mormon in Italian for the first time. That was a
cool experience that I am happy about. It took a while but I did it.
It was so powerful at the very end of the book, I felt the Spirit so
strong as I was coming to the end. I love the power that comes from
that book, it is something you can feel in your life every day. I
still can't say that I understand how a book can give you power in
your life but it just does. The Book of Mormon is awesome! All of you
out there, read it!

Well, it has been a little bit of a rough week as far as the work in
Gela goes. We have had a ton of lessons, appointments, and other stuff
fall through. It has kind of been ridiculous how many times people
said they were going to meet us and then didn't show up. Oh well, what
can you do? We did meet this guy named V* this week and we
started teaching him. He has a super sad life story that he told us,
we told him a lot about how the things that Jesus Christ taught always
help. We had high hopes for him but then he didn't come to the lesson
the next day... He told us he couldn't leave his house and then while
we were walking around doing finding instead of the lesson, we saw him
with some friends... He didn't really say anything to us. The next day
we invited him to church and he said he would come. Well, he didn't
come.

 That is basically how our entire week has gone unfortunately. It's
alright though. Earlier in the week I did a scambio in Ragusa with
Anziano Stephens, it went well! Ragusa is a beautiful city! Look up
some pictures of it. It was so cool! Tomorrow I will do a scambio with
Anziano Durham, our District Leader. I don't know if I said it, but I
am in a district with Anziano Durham again, that is sweet! Also,
Sorella Taylor from the Holladay Stake is in Ragusa... Pretty crazy!
Three Oly Grads down in two strange cities in Sicily. Couldn't get
much better than that. 3 of the 6 members of our district are from the
same high school... Well, this week I have continued my study of the
New Testament, I just started Luke. It is so awesome reading about the
life of Christ! Really, the things He taught are incredible and they
apply to each of us every day of our life! It is so awesome! The
scriptures are great! I don't think we can even comprehend how good we
have it. I know that I can't, but every once in a while I catch a
glimpse of it and I am filled with gratitude and at the same time a
feeling of my own weakness knowing I shouldn't deserve this all. The
Church is a beautiful perfecter.

Well, I guess there isn't a whole lot else to write this week. This
next week is going to be a whole lot better! I am excited for it! I
hope that all is well at home!

Sincerely,

Anziano Burton




No comments:

Post a Comment