Monday, December 8, 2014

Ahhhh Yeah, Chilling in Gela for one more...

BUONGIORNO TUTTI!!!

Well, transfer calls are in and it looks like I will be in Gela for one more and I will be staying with Anziano Lazarte, it will be great! I am excited for this next transfer, we will have some great things going on! First of all, I will get to hang out with Anziano Durham for Christmas again, that will be sweet, two Christmas's with him. He is staying in Ragusa with Anziano Stephens. The Sisters in Ragusa are staying the same also, it will be a good transfer, we have a great district. 

So, this week some great things have happened! To start we set a baptismal date for the 20th of December for A*. She is still going strong with not smoking and she is so determined! It is so cool to see the change that has taken place with her! She is so much more happy and just open and ready to follow Christ. She is excited for her baptism! We still have to teach some things, so we will be hurrying to get the details taught and have her ready for the 20th. It will be great! She is awesome! We also met with S* this week and he is doing good! He has read the pamphlet we left and is making progress steadily. We will set a date for him this week also. This week we came across an old man named A*, who swore a ton. He was really nice though, we got invited to his house and watched the Restoration film with him. He agreed for us to return and so we will teach him again this week. He kept telling us he is Catholic but he said he would pray about Joseph Smith, so hopefully he does. He was a very nice man with the mouth of a sailor. On Sunday we had A*, S*, and another guy named N* in Church. We have been teaching them all in Licata. It is great! Sorella Ballochino is the member who is helping bring these people to us in Licata, she is awesome! I took a photo of her and Anziano Lazarte, also, the other pics are of the boast in the marina of Licata, it is nice there. 

This week we finally met with a man named G* whom we had met on the street a while ago. Well... That was an experience... We taught the Restoration in the Church and he was asking questions and all this stuff and he was being a little hard to get to commit, but we didn't think anything of it. All Italians are hard to commit to anything haha. Well, we tried to give him the pamphlet of the restoration and he said no and said he didn't like the picture of Jesus on the front... Well, at that point I was pretty confused... we ended the lesson and asked him to say the prayer. He said "Really? I can say it?" We said yep... I bowed my head and closed my eyes... Then I heard "HALLELUJAH!" And I thought oh no... he is Evangelist. Haha, well from that point the prayer lasted for a solid 6 minutes or so of very loud Praise to God and Hallelujah. He kept saying stuff like "Thank you for my knowledge and help these young ones to learn truth." A bunch of stuff like that. Well, it was a prayer that reminded me a lot of one said by some people on a tower in the book of Mormon. It was sad to say the least. He was a nice guy, but very loud. During the prayer he used his hands a lot and I could hear it. I kept thinking, "Well, he could kill me pretty easily and probably take out Anziano Lazarte also. I hope that doesn't happen." It was a fun experience haha. Well, we have seen him on the street since then and he keeps bringing up stuff about being born of the Holy Ghost and stuff. We don't know what to do exactly with him now. We have actually met a lot of Evangelists this week on the street. Strange... The first 2 weeks in Gela, only Jehovahs Witnesses, the next 3 weeks a lot of Catholics, and now this week a lot of Evangelists.

Well, a solid 6 weeks left... I am excited to fly to New York and say hi to Sam, it will be great! It has been soooo stinking long! That will be an awesome reunion. Well, I hope all is well at home! I love you all! Do good things and read the scriptures! This week I have learned a lot from the letters of Paul. His stuff applies to missionary work so much! He is a boss! I wish I could be as awesome as him haha. This last 6 weeks I will try. It will be great!

Sincerely,

Anziano Burton



No comments:

Post a Comment