Monday, December 1, 2014

Catania

BUONGIORNO TUTTI!!!

Well, this has been a very interesting week overall. We haven't been in Gela a whole lot because of all the things we have had going on for Zone Conference, Stake Conference, and everything else. It has been a pretty cool week! Right now I am writing from Catania and we have been sleeping here for the past 5 days or so. This morning for P-Day we all went and played soccer as a zone and it was pretty sweet! We all had a way fun time here. The house in Catania isn't too big, but we have been able to fit 16 missionaries into it without too many problems. Only one bathroom and a ton of mosquitos flying everywhere all the time. It has been a little bit hard to fall asleep with a constant buzzing in your ear, but I have managed. Earlier in the week we were invited to help out the Ragusa Anziani with their Thanksgiving party in Ragusa, so we went and helped with that. It went really well and was very fun! Ragusa is a full ward and they have some very nice members. Then we drove with them to Catania for the conference. It went well and I loved it! I always like the refresher that you get at Zone Conference. It was good. They talked a lot about obedience and doing roleplays in companionship study.

The next day, Saturday, we all drove to Enna, up in the mountains of Sicilia. I was the driver and that was a pretty cool drive. When we got to Enna it was covered in a thick fog. It was pretty cool! That conference went well and there were all the missionaries of Sicilia at it. I got to see Anziano Ostler and others, so that was awesome! After the conference we drove back to Catania and then the next morning we had the Sunday session of the Stake Conference in Catania and it went well! I really enjoyed it! There were so many people there and we had two potential investigators who came to the session. Overall it was awesome! I really like Catania. It is a fun city, it always has a lot going on. 

So as far as work goes in Gela this week, it was obviously a little slow because we have been gone for so much of the time, but we did have some good successes. We are helping a less active man quit smoking and we also had out investigator A* start quitting smoking, that is pretty sweet! Both of those things are huge blessings that we have seen and they are both little miracles that we have seen. I love how God just helps everything to work out. It all just works out in the end. Everything ends up being guided and it is fantastic. I feel like that is happening in my life right now, I am having little experiences here and there that just build me into something better and guide me along the path of life. It is a beautiful thing. God is good. 

Man, let me tell  you, that heat is just staying around. Today while playing soccer I was sweating like a pig. I hope that you aren't getting too cold in America. Here it is pretty nice. Next P Day we will probably go do some more handstands on the beach. Well, things in Italy are good and the work in Gela is moving forward, so it is awesome! I love being here. It is going to be crazy to see how transfers and everything end up this next week. I don't know what will happen. It will be interesting. 

Well, that is all for this week, it has been a busy week with a lot of stuff going on. This next week will be a little bit more calm. It will be nice. 

Love  you all!


Sincerely,

Anziano Burton



No comments:

Post a Comment