Monday, August 11, 2014

Rome Mission, Olympus High's dominion...

Buongiorno Tutti!

I am in Oristano!!!

Well, it has been a great week with transfers and everything going on! I am in Oristano and my new companion is none other than Anziano Jacob Flynn, from Olympus High School. I guess I just had to keep the tradition going... My trainer was an Oly grad and now I had to train an Oly grad... Pretty strange but awesome! Anziano Flynn is awesome and we have been doing some great things here in Oristano. We have hit the streets and we are out talking with the people! It has been so great! In one day we actually met three different less actives and we had no idea all three times until they told us. That was pretty awesome! One of them actually ended up coming to Church and that was pretty sweet! Overall it is pretty sweet! Oristano is a very quiet and peaceful city and the people are very nice. Unfortunately this week is the week that everyone here goes on vacation, so the streets are a little bit vacant, but it is alright. We had a bunch of members in church on Sunday and we met a bunch of people. The branch President here is great and he and the other leaders here are way strong and they just work so hard. We are so excited to do some great work with them and we plan on doing some awesome member missionary work during the next few transfers. The branch presidency has some pretty big ideas for work here and helping us grow into a ward. We are still pretty small as a branch, probably about 40 people who come every week, but there has been a lot of unexpected growth here recently so that is awesome!

Anziano Flynn and I are getting along great! He is an awesome guy and we are having a great time! We have a lot in common being from Oly and all and so it has been pretty great working with him. His Italian is great and he is working hard and doing awesome!

We apparently have some investigators here, just a few, but we haven't been able to meet with them or get in contact with them yet unfortunately, so that is kind of tough. Hopefully we are able to meet them pretty soon here. This week we have already planned a day to go do some work with a member and visit some people out in surrounding cities. That will be great!

The house in Oristano is really nice, so that is sweet! We still have to clean it up a little bit, but it is pretty sweet! It has a nice feel about it. I am happy to be here! Hopefully this next we will be able to get our bearings a little bit better and figure out the work here a little bit better. We are both still very new to it all here. Anziano Flynn has adjusted really well to the culture already though. We are still trying to understand everything else going on. It is all kind of hard to take in, in such a short time. I like being here though! So, last week we stayed one night in Cagliari, let me tell you, that was crazy strange!!! I saw my old city and it felt so interesting. I missed it in little ways. It was really cool! I also saw Anziano Faggioli who is serving there and we were able to talk a little bit and catch up, that was so cool!

Well, a pretty busy but awesome week! I am happy! Overall, just good stuff has happened. I feel the spirit really strong here and I feel that we are about to see some great things happen. It will be such an awesome transfer!!!

Sincerely,

Anziano Burton




No comments:

Post a Comment